Thursday, March 4, 2010

Memories of childhood

I was sitting out on the deck watching the rain come down looking at how wonderful and green everything was. I love my garden even though its a bit sad looking at times its full of memory triggers for me.

The money tree I have at both my back and front door are from my childhood days at my Nans house. She is the most superstitious person i know.
She carries a little bit of wood in her car she has had for at leats 40 years i know of to rub when she sees an ambulance on the road.
Her idea is you plant a money tree at both doors so the money stays in the home or something like that. Its suppose to be good luck for wealth. Hmmmm maybe mine needs to grow a little more.

My agapanthus remind me of my dear Gran who is no longer with us.

She use to have a clump of them in her backyard and as kids it was so many things to us. A hiding place for hide and seek, a challenge for jumping over, A way to slow down a sibling during chasing's, a home of frogs and best of all when it flowered it provided us all swords to clobber each other with.

My garden is full of memories. My mother is helping fill it up with cuttings she gets from her neighbours and our chickens are helping to keep it healthy and bug free.

Its not the best garden, its a little daggy to be honest and very simple but its our garden and a place we hope to continue making memories for our kids as they trample, pull apart, dig and play.

20100305_0474sf

20100305_0475sf

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP